Director: Mark Beito
Members: Ron Myers, Jon Hansen, Mary Mulry, Rose Wall, Julie Wahlborg
The board of Lay Ministry requires that people noted for their Christian knowledge, zeal and experience in the spiritual work of the Kingdom of Christ shall be elected to membership.
The basic objectives of this board are spiritual welfare of the Pastor(s) and congregation members, individually and corporately, and the supervision of everything pertaining to congregational worship.
A partial list of duties of this board are:
1. Pray for and encourage the Pastor and other spiritual leaders.
2. Be concerned about the spiritual, emotional, and physical health and welfare of the Pastor(s) his or her family.
3. Assist the Pastor(s) in counseling within the congregation when the need arises.
4. Determine eligibility for membership of all individuals and families applying for membership.
5. See to prompt transfer of all members who move away and of new families moving into the community.
6. Engage in continual review of communion and church attendance of all members.
7. Be concerned about and supervise through instruction of youth and adults for confirmation and church membership.
8. Be responsible for a friendly personal welcome of visitors at worship.
9. Encourage spiritual programs in the societies of the congregation, e.g. men, women, and youth groups.
10. Ensure that the mission of the church is carried out.
11. Supervise the musical aspects of the congregation.
12. Provide for assistants, substitute pastors and guest speakers as needed.
13. Provide opportunities for lay participation in worship services including reading of scripture, communion distribution, preaching, etc, as required.
14. Plan and publicize the services of the year.
15. Arrange and publicize special services as required.